Affordable coverage for your small business is now within reach. You can use the SHOP Marketplace and enroll online conveniently.
After creating your account, you can select among health plans at different coverage levels to find the right fit for your business needs. You may qualify for a tax credit worth as much as 50% of your contribution to employee premiums if you meet the eligibility requirements:
- You should have fewer than 25 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Your average employee salary is about $50,000 per year or less
- You pay at least 50% of your full-time employees’ premium costs
- You offer coverage to your full-time employees through the SHOP Marketplace
For those who employ seasonal workers, it is important to note that they aren’t included in the full-time employee and wage calculation unless they work for you more than 120 days during the tax year. If your employees are new to the SHOP, they are offered different options and will be eligible to enroll, renew, or change their coverage online.
Useful Information and Tools
- SHOP FTE calculator – This is an easy way to see if you are eligible to use the SHOP Marketplace, especially if you have a mix of full-time and part-time employees.
Enrolling in the SHOP Marketplace – A detailed step-by-step guide for employers